logo
search
basket
0 Jacquesson Cuvee 744  Champagne  France Sparkling wine

N.V. Jacquesson Cuvee 744

flagChampagne / France
White
drink-now2021-2026

Cuvée 744 is Jacquesson’s fourth non-vintage. release where the focus is on vintage expression. Unlike your typical non-vintage blends – where reserve wines are used to homogenise the style every year – Jacquesson wants the vintage qualities to shine through. For the latest release, 70% of the wine comes from the sunny 2016 vintage and the remaining 30% from 2015. With quality in mind, the grapes come exclusively from Grand Cru and Premier Cru vineyards. The wine is barrel fermented and aged on its lees for four years prior to disgorgement.The wine has pronounced peach, citrus peel and apple skin aromas on the nose, as well as hints of strawberries and cream. The creaminess has a lovely leesy quality, with biscuit and pastry echoed on the palate, along with honeycomb and hazelnuts. Quite rich and fruit forward, speaking of its sunny base vintage (2016), along with a measured dose of toasty oak and good complexity from the reserve wines in the blend. The finish has a fresh and compact mineral quality, with quite a pronounced mint flavour – very clean and refreshing, and making you happily come back for more! This is ready to go and will drink well for another five years or more.

FINE+RARE  (July 2021)    Drink 2021-2026

6x75cl-0 Immediate | 28 Marketplace£232.00
In preview mode
We use cookies to provide the best possible experience. See our cookie policy for more information.