This Product is currently unavailable. Please check back later or contact us directly and we will endeavour to source it for you.
Average critic rating : 88.0 points
90% of Verget's brilliant Bourgogne Blanc (81,300 bottles) is produced from grapes or must entitled to Puligny-Montrachet and Meursault appellations. The remaining 10% were also entitled to village status, as they were from vines grown within the boundaries of St. Veran, Pouilly-Fuisse, and Santenay. It reveals a precise, fresh, nut and mineral-infused nose, a medium body and superb richness and ripeness of fruit. Well-balanced, lively, and crisp, it is packed with minerals, traces of citrus zests and sweet oak. As surprising as it may seem to readers familiar with regional burgundies, this wine should age well. Anticipated maturity: now-2003. A year ago, Jean-Marie Guffens told me that 1996 was the greatest vintage of his lifetime. While he did not repeat that comment when I visited him in November, Guffens was bursting with pride as I tasted the wines.||A Peter Vezan Selection (Paris Fax # 011-33-1-42654293), importers include: North Berkeley Imports, Berkeley, CA; tel (510) 848-8910, and a Patrick Lesec Selection (Paris Fax # 011-33-1-44706293), various American importers, including Bacchus Importers (800) 525-9699.|| Wine Advocate.February, 1998
FINE+RARE offers UK home delivery through our logistics partner London City Bond, with next day deliveries available for Central London addresses.
We deliver Monday to Friday; charges are £ 16 + VAT for up to 10 cases (12x75cl or equivalent) for most UK postcodes.
For delivery charges to Highlands, Islands and outlying areas, please contact our Customer Service Team.
For deliveries into Hong Kong and Singapore, we offer a dedicated air and sea service.
For more details regarding delivery to Hong Kong, Singapore and all other destinations, please view our International Delivery information page.
Spirits cannot travel on our services to Hong Kong, Singapore or Macau and require separate shipments. Please contact our Customer Service Team for further information.
Our storage costs are highly competitive. We will happily accept cases or single bottles, charging pro-rata based on the number of bottles and length of storage period.
Unlike many other wine companies, our service includes storage of duty paid wines as well as in bond from any reputable source, not just those bought through FINE+RARE.
Please visit our F+R Storage information page for more details.
IN BOND AND DUTY PAID DELIVERY TO STORAGE ACCOUNTS:
FINE+RARE can arrange delivery of your wines to your personal fine wine storage account:
Deliveries within London City Bond or to a Vinotheque storage account are charged at £ 8 + VAT for up to 10 cases (12x75cl or equivalent).
Deliveries to all other storage providers are charged at £ 16 + VAT for up to 10 cases (12x75cl or equivalent).
Please contact our Customer Service Team if you have any questions.